MacDonnell Local Services
MacDonnell ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the MacDonnell site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
MacDonnell Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in MacDonnell When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
MacDonnell Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for MacDonnell Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
MacDonnell ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for MacDonnell and a Place to Meet
The macdonnell.nt.guide Odd Spot
Interesting facts about MacDonnell
Welcome to our page where you will learn about the fascinating region of MacDonnell in Northern Territory, Australia. Here are some interesting facts about this unique area:
1. MacDonnell Ranges is a 644 km long series of mountain range that runs east and west of Alice Springs. It is part of the Australian outback.
2. MacDonnell Ranges covers an area of 22,000 square km, making it larger than some countries.
3. Some of the notable and iconic peaks in the ranges include Mount Zeil, which stands at 1,531 meters high, and Mount Sonder, which is the fourth-highest mountain in the Northern Territory.
4. The Ranges are home to some of the most breathtaking natural scenery in Australia, including gorges, chasms, and rock formations. Among the significant attractions in the area are the Simpsons Gap, Standley Chasm, and Ormiston Gorge.
5. MacDonnell Ranges is home to several indigenous communities, including the Arrernte people. These communities have lived in the area for over 50,000 years and have a rich cultural heritage.
6. The area is also home to unique flora and fauna, including the Spinifex Pigeon, the Black-flanked Rock Wallaby, and the Thorny Devil Lizard.
7. The region of MacDonnell is a popular destination for adventure tourism, with activities such as hiking, cycling, and rock climbing available for visitors.
8. There are many other interesting sites in the area, including historic telegraph stations, art galleries, and museums.
9. The weather in the MacDonnell Ranges is generally hot and dry, with temperatures reaching up to 45°C in summer and dropping as low as -5°C in winter.
10. Lastly, the area is a significant source of natural resources, including precious metals and minerals such as gold and uranium.
We hope you've found these facts about MacDonnell Ranges helpful and informative!