MacDonnell Community Events
- MacDonnell Ranges Camel Cup: Held annually in July at the Blatherskite Park in Alice Springs, this event attracts locals and tourists alike. The main attraction is the camel race, but there are also food stalls, live entertainment, and children's activities.
- Henley-on-Todd Regatta: The world's only dry riverbed regatta is held annually in August in Alice Springs. Participants compete in wacky boat races and tow their boats through the sandy Todd River. The event also includes food stalls, live music, and a parade.
- Alice Desert Festival: Held annually in September, this festival celebrates the region's arts and culture. The festival includes music, dance, theatre, film, and visual arts events across a range of locations in Alice Springs.
- Parrtjima – A Festival in Light: The spectacular outdoor light installation showcases Aboriginal art and culture at the Alice Springs Desert Park. Usually held over 10 days in April, the festival has free admission and includes art installations, music, and film screenings.
- Finke Desert Race: The off-road race is held annually on the Queen's Birthday long weekend in June. Competitors race motorcycles, buggies, and cars over a 460-kilometre track from Alice Springs to the Finke community and back.
- Heartbreak Hill Running Festival: Held annually in August at the Ross River Resort, this running festival includes a range of distances for runners of all abilities. There are also food stalls, camping, and live music.
- Red CentreNATS: A celebration of all things cars, bikes, and horsepower, Red CentreNATS is held annually in September in Alice Springs. The event includes street cruising, show and shine, drags, burnouts, and other automotive competitions.
Events in MacDonnell and Customers searching for You